This release includes references (or backlinks) – these are automated links that are shown at the bottom of a document telling you which other documents it was linked from. Backlinks have been a feature of wiki software for many years and it's great to have first class support in Outline.
To create a reference you only need to link to another document in your knowledgebase.
Hint: Select some text and hit the
CMD+K shortcut to quickly create a link.
- The "..." document menu is now available from the sidebar
- It's now possible to create public share links to your drafts
- Clearer buttons and "New doc" actions
- Improved the first-run onboarding documents to be more helpful and descriptive
- Improved color accessibility
- Tightened up list and link styling
- Fixed a UI performance regression introduced by tooltips
- Fixed an issue that would cause Save/Publish buttons to show as disabled for an extended amount of time when creating a new document