Progressive Web App
This week brings PWA support to Outline, allowing you to install the app to your
desktop and dock in just a couple of seconds. We've been enjoying how lightweight
this install is while keeping the two best parts of a native app experience – an
icon in the dock and a dedicated window. To try it out, head over to the app, signin, and
hit the "Install" button that appears in the address bar.
Other fixes and improvements
- It's now possible edit the description of a collection inline.
- We added the ability to disable sharing of individual collections.
- The sidebar is now resizable, you can also grab the edge and drag it all the way to the left to collapse.
- Newly created documents now sort to the top of manually organized collections.
- The sidebar now automatically scrolls to ensure that the active item is kept visible.
- When navigating to a collection the default tab now reflects the sidebar rather than a "recently updated" view.
- Added total user counts to tabs on people management screen.
- Added Google Drawings Integration.
- Unpublishing a document created by another user now puts it in your drafts, not theres.
- Fixed highlighted text with link in dark mode is impossible to read
- Fixed a case where it was possible to to keep the block menu open while formatting menus are also open
ctrl+x shortcuts now work correctly on Windows
Shift+Enter keys now split list items and create a newline
Tab keys now behave as expected within code blocks
- Fixed an issue where the text caret in an empty notice block is invisible